Terms and Agreements
Room Hire Agreement
- All food and beverage (catering) transactions are direct with the vendor/café.
Contact details are BlackGold Café:
Phone: 0390445110 / 0468 911 615.
- Exchange Richmond or its authorised agent, shall at all times retain ultimate control of The Event and the manner in which it is run, including, but not limited to, reserving the right of admission, event start and finish time. If the event runs over time an additional fee will be charged per hour or part thereof.
- Cancellation by The Client of bookings that have been confirmed by signature of this agreement must be made in writing. Any deposit paid by the Hirer will not be refunded. For cancellations received 30 days or more before The Event no cancellation charge shall be imposed. If cancellation is received between 30 and 15 days before The Event, 50% of the Venue Hire fee will be charged. Where cancellation is received less than 15 days before The Event 100% of the hire fee will be charged.
- All promotional material and any sponsorship for the event produced by or on behalf of The Client is subject to the approval of the management. Any unlawful advertising is prohibited and a breach of this will cause the contract to be terminated, with no refund of The Client’s losses.
- Any loss or damage to equipment, property, fixtures and fittings within Exchange Richmond caused by The Client, their agents, staff, delegates, contractors or guests for whatever reason, shall be the sole responsibility of The Client and Exchange Richmond will charge The Client accordingly for repairs or replacement.
- No behaviour breaching equal opportunities policy will be tolerated on Exchange Richmond premises. Should any of The Clients delegates, staff, contractors, guests or other agents be found to be behaving poorly or engaging in activities unacceptable to Exchange Richmond, Exchange Richmond reserves the right to terminate The Client’s event or require the departure from the event of specific individuals. Should this occur, no monies will be refunded to The Client. Exchange Richmond or its agent’s decision is final.
- Exchange Richmond written approval must be sought 72 hours in advance of the event for any proposed filming of the event and Exchange Richmond reserves the right to refuse any such requests.
- Exchange Richmond and the events which take place on its premises, are subject to many statutory controls, in particular, but not limited to, those relating to: food health and hygiene, fire protection, liquor and entertainment licensing. The Client and The Client’s employees, guests, customers, delegates and invitees must comply with reasonable requests, directions and instructions of Exchange Richmond’s personnel in relation to any such matters. If, in relation to the Event, The Client wishes to have, provide or install: any outside entertainment or services; any external food or beverage provision or any outside equipment including without limitation, electrical equipment and display stands, The Client must discuss this with Exchange Richmond no less than 2 weeks prior to the Event. Exchange Richmond reserves the right to refuse permission for any of the items specified above.
- The Client undertakes to ensure that all Exchange Richmond IT equipment in use by the Client’s delegate’s, staff, and guests and representatives shall be used only for the specific and agreed purposes of the event, and that no illegal, inappropriate or prohibited usage shall take place. The Client indemnifies Exchange Richmond against any claims or prosecution against it for breach of copyright or other legislation resulting from illegal, inappropriate or prohibited use of the equipment during the course of the event. Exchange Richmond is fitted with security readers and surveillance devices throughout. These devices are used for security purposes only and will be used in evidence by Exchange Richmond to further substantiate any claims may for damages or losses.
- Extras: Printing and copying, A4 pages: B/W $0.10 Colour $0.88; A3 pages: B/W $0.20 Colour $1.73.
Parking Permits $10exGST half day; $18exGST full day (as available). Flip Chart & 50 Sheet Paper $25exGST; additional 50 sheet paper $18exGST. Conferencing AV Facility $25exGST for Dunlop and The Chapel and $45exGST for The Woolshed. This will occur post event by way of direct debit from the pre-authorised credit card in accordance with our agreed terms and conditions.
- Payment of invoice must be made by due date stated on invoice. Stripe credit card payments will attract a 1.75% + A$0.30 surcharge for domestic cards and 2.9% + A$0.30 for international cards. PayPal credit card payments will attract a 2.6% surcharge. This will occur post event by way of direct debit from the pre-authorised credit card in accordance with our agreed terms and conditions.
- Half day means 4 hours. Full day means 8 hours. Additional usage of meeting space can be arranged prior to the event. Usage additional to the 4 hours minimum during standard office hours will be charged at the standard hourly rates x 1.25. Usage outside of standard office hours of 9:00am to 6:00pm will be charged at the standard hourly rates x 1.5. Sessions booked for 1-2 hours duration total will be charged at the standard hourly rates x 1.5. All usage will be accrued in half hour blocks. This will occur post event by way of direct debit from the pre-authorised credit card in accordance with our agreed terms and conditions.
- Additional usage of meeting spaces beyond that applied within the agreement, and where not expressly agreed prior with Exchange will be charged to the client at the standard hourly rates x 1.5. All usage will be accrued in half hour blocks. This will occur post event by way of direct debit from the pre-authorised credit card in accordance with our agreed terms and conditions.
- Exchange Richmond may use the Client’s logo to promote meeting room hire on the Exchange Richmond Should the Client not wish to participate in this advertisement, the Client must provide a written request at the time of booking.
- Our rooms are hired as is. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure and observe social distancing measures. Whilst the rooms are listed with an indication of seating space it is the clients responsibility to obey the COVID-19 restrictions and standards provided by global health organizations or Government.
We are Exchange Richmond ABN 33 239 109 020. This License Agreement incorporates our terms and conditions set out above. By signing this agreement, you confirm you have read and understood these terms and conditions. We both agree to comply with those terms and our obligations as set out in them.